Doctors and health professionals have deemed breakfast as one of the most important meals of the day, and there’s little doubt as to why. Think of your body as an automobile, which requires gas – or food – to run. When you wake up every morning, your fuel tank is empty. By investing in a meal, like breakfast, you are filling your tank, and gearing up your metabolism, for a busy and productive day ahead. To do breakfast the right way, you’ll want to plan ahead with these freezer-friendly Easy Breakfast Sandwiches. Check out the ingredient you’ll need, in addition to the directions, below.
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices cooked bacon, sausage patties, ham, or Canadian bacon
- 12 English muffins
- 12 slices cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease a 9x13’’ pan.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased pan and bake for 18-22 minutes, or just until the center is set. Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove cooked eggs from oven and allow to cool before cutting into 12 squares.
- Top each English muffin half with egg, cheese, meat, and the other half of the muffin. If you are consuming right away, heat the sandwiches at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- To freeze the sandwiches, wrap each sandwich individually in tinfoil, wax paper, or parchment paper and place them in a freezer safe resealable bag. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To reheat frozen sandwiches, remove paper or foil and wrap sandwich in a paper towel. Microwave for 40 seconds to 1 minute on defrost. Flip the sandwich over and microwave for 10-30 seconds on high power, until warmed through.
Woodhaven at Park Bridge Apartments in Alpharetta, Georgia