Who doesn’t love ham for the holidays? Typically served with creamy mashed potatoes and freshly prepared green beans, ham is the perfect headliner for your Christmas Day menu. Not only is it a classic dish served around this time of year, but most of the work is also done for you before it even makes its way to your oven. In fact, hams can come pre-smoked, fully cooked, and spiral cut. So, usually, your only job is to make it taste even better!
The difficult part lies in finding the right recipe! Thank goodness that popular food blogger, Sara Welch a.k.a. Dinner At the Zoo, has shared her family recipe for Glazed Ham. Coated in sweet brown sugar and honey glaze, this ham recipe is baked until it’s golden brown and caramelized – making it absolutely mouthwatering! Check out the ingredients and instructions below:
• 8 lb. bone-in spiral cut ham
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/4 cup apple cider
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• pinch of nutmeg
• cooking spray
• cranberries and herbs for garnish optional
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Add the butter, brown sugar, honey, apple cider, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a pot. Place the pot over medium heat. Bring the pot to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the glaze is syrupy.
3. Place the ham in the pan and pour half of the glaze over it. Cover the ham with foil. Reserve the remaining glaze for later user.
4. Bake the ham for 2 1/2 hours. Uncover the ham.
5. Pour the remaining glaze over the ham. If the glaze has started to harden, you can microwave it for a few seconds to loosen it back up.
6. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Place the ham, uncovered, in the oven. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until glaze is caramelized and browned.
7. Transfer the ham to a serving platter and garnish with fresh herbs and cranberries. Spoon pan drippings over the ham. Slice the ham, then serve.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you Woodhaven at Park Bridge Apartments in Alpharetta, Georgia, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!